Why is “hot yoga” becoming so popular : Hot Yoga is exactly what it sounds like – Yoga in a hot ambiance. Needless to say, Yoga has been one of the best existing means for mental and physical wellness, and Hot Yoga adds another dimension to it. Normally, Yoga is carried out in a heated room with the temperature ranging around 95 to 100 degrees. The high temperature plays a key role in achieving the benefits of Hot Yoga.
what is it
Hot Yoga was developed by Bikram Choudhury with an aim to make the Yogi (the person doing the Yoga – it would be you if you are learning it) sweat.
The perspiration would eliminate toxic substances from the body. The combination of Yoga and heat is said to have a highly positive effect on human beings.
And these benefits are making Yoga so popular nowadays.
Some of the major benefits of Hot Yoga are the following.
- Detoxification: Heat is a great detoxifier. The heat applied, combined with the muscle’s movements and positions induced by Yoga, removes the toxic substances of the human body. As a result, the Yogi experiences a sense of freshness and energy.
- Muscle stretch: Hot Yoga helps to relax the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Added with the detoxification, the muscle gains a lot of elastic stretches.
- Improved metabolism: The metabolic system improves with the process. Body fat-burning capability improves, and overweight people end up losing weight. The overall shape of the body improves.
- Better blood circulation: The detoxification effects and metabolic improvements resulting from Yoga leads to better blood circulation and that, in turn, leads to an improved immunity system.
- Joint pain relief: The heat and detoxification effects have a significant positive impact on joint pains and arthritis. In fact, Yoga can completely cure chronic joint pains.
- Sleep improvement: Hot Yoga improves the sleeping of humans. It ensures a balanced and healthy operation with good coordination between the different physical systems of the body and integrates an improved and positive psychological mindset with it.
Clearly, Hot Yogaa has a great set of benefits and these benefits are attracting more and more people. The psychological and physical test results testify to these benefits.
People today lead fast lives, and Yoga can prove to be almost a God-sent gift in terms of the quality and value it is capable to add to our lives.
The metabolic system improves with the process. Body fat-burning capability improves, and overweight people end up losing weight. , and combined with the muscle’s movements and positions induced by Yoga,